My Blog List

Thursday, August 10, 2017

FIRST RESPONDERS

There is not a plant in my garden that didn't respond to the wonderful rain we had this past week. So long overdue. One day I was looking at plants that were withered and dying and a day later it was as though someone had waved a magic wand and breathed new life into them. But of all the plants in the garden there are no plants that respond so dramatically as the rain lilies.
It may be time to divide this large clump of pink rain lilies.

Zephyranthes
Our native rain blooms a couple of days after rain. Unfortunately if a deer walks by he likes to nibble off the flower.
Cooper pedunculate
Just a couple of yellow zephyranthes.
Zephyrathes
And this stunning flower on the Trichocereus cactus greeted me this morning.
Trichocereus

2 comments:

  1. Our Rain Lilies are going crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I didn't even know there was a yellow Zephyranthes.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments unless they are spam comments which will always be removed in comment moderation.